WhatsApp is the most popular app all around the world, but there’s one useful feature that’s a little hard to find – the ability to make notes to yourself. Other messaging apps like Signal come with this feature, which is helpful for making lists, saving important links, and etc. WhatsApp is used to text and share photos, videos, messages, files, documents, stickers, and even GIFs. There are many features that WhatsApp has introduced over the years, and This includes the ability to archive chat, mute groups, and even star important messages. Being able to add notes to yourself takes the app one step further and makes it even more useful.
This feature is very easy to use, but not many people know about this feature of WhatsApp. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to chat with yourself on WhatsApp for taking notes, saving study material links, making to-do lists, and more.
How to Chat With Yourself on WhatsApp
- Open any browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera mini) on your phone or PC.
- Type wa.me// in the address bar, followed by your phone number. Make sure you add your country code before enter your mobile number. For Indian users, it will be wa.me//91xxxxxxxxxx.
- A window prompt will ask you to open WhatsApp. If you are on the phone, your WhatsApp will open up with your phone number displayed on top, alongside your profile picture. You can then begin chatting with yourself, add notes, or save photos and videos.
- If you are on PC, then a new window will open up with a button that reads, “Continue to Chat”.
- Click on that option and either WhatsApp Web or the WhatsApp desktop app will open up with your own chat shown. You can then begin chatting with yourself. This chat, with all the links and texts, will then show up on your phone as well so you can access all the information across devices.